Thursday, September 16, 2010

Regressing Back to Childhood

Well, I've just started learning how to work on my own car. It's not a quick process (clearly), but I think I'm making good progress toward being a real grease monkey someday.




Haha anyway...

This got me thinking back to my days as a wee little child, sitting my room full of toys....

And tearing them apart.

Yes, I was the type of child that would swipe his father's tools and disassemble his toys in ways that the manufacturers didn't intend six-year-olds to do. I took them apart, put them back together, mix-and-matched the pieces to see if I could make a BETTER toy...the possibilities were endless if you were working with interchangeable plastic pieces and toys.

  

GAH! Nothing like that though...now, I'm going to have nightmares.

The toys I specifically remember disassembling the most was the vast collection of old Power Ranger toys I owned. And, yes, before we get into it, I was a huge Power Rangers fan when I was a child. Couldn't get enough of that shit as a kid...stupid multi-colored, world-saving fuckers.

The Zord toys worked the best toward this endeavor. I loved taking those fucking robots apart and making a BIGGER robot that kicked ass and killed everything. I know those things already transformed and could be put together into bigger robots, but that wasn't good enough for me. Oh no, I had to have a robot that could step on entire cities!

Man, I miss the old days, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment