Sunday, September 5, 2010

GMs are dicks

We had our Amber game tonight. Let me just say that I LOVE my weekly Amber game because of the seriously difficult mental components necessary to play it. The GM (Pete, from my earlier blog here) decided to have an important NPC mentally mudsuck my character with a mental compulsion to love her.


Not bad, right?

Well, my character has literally NO psychic defense (normally) and had NO idea he was mudsucked by this bitch. So, my character instantly loves her. Period.

Then, and this is the part where the GM starts to get fucking evil, Pete begins implanting these little suggestions in my mind. Things like "You feel like the rest of the party might be competition for her affection" and "You start formulating ways to kill them in case she wants you to".
 


Mind you, out-of-game I'm assuming all of this is the compulsion she placed on me. I normally wouldn't plot the death of my party members (unless they were being evil or destructive, of course), and I certainly wouldn't entertain such thoughts.

So, thinking that these suggestions are the NPC's influence taking its toll on my poor defenseless mind, I act on one.

Whoa whoa! I don't kill any party members. Nooooo...didn't go QUITE that far over the deep end. No no...I simply turned one of them gay because the suggestion, in my mind, was that it would be less competition for the affection of the NPC.

Seemed simple enough. So I did it.


The other PC isn't so pleased with this. Long story short, they hunt me down and remove the compulsion from my head. The kicker of this whole web of bullshit? The GM, Pete, proceeds to inform me that it was all my doing. The thoughts of killing, turning the other PC gay, that was all my character's doing and the NPC's influence had NOTHING to do with it! He says it was merely a strong attraction influence that my character's mind twisted into whatever conclusions he threw at me.

Gah...

I feel horribly manipulated and bitch slapped with the blame.

I hate GMs sometimes (and this is coming from a guy who's been one).

No comments:

Post a Comment