Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Video Series Ideas - Feedback Wanted!

Now, I have all these ideas brewing in my head for upcoming video series that I want to make and I wanted feedback from you, my readers/viewers/friends, about which you think would be entertaining to watch!

  • Doctor WHO?: A Doctor-by-Doctor Analysis - this is an analysis of the entirety of the Doctor Who series. Each video will focus on one of the Doctor's incarnations, starting with the first. This will take a while considering I need to WATCH the entire series to get the necessary clips for the opening (or maybe I'll just search for the appropriate videos), but I believe this would be fun. AND it would allow non-Who watchers to get a taste for the sci-fi phenomenon. 
  • Lord of the Rings: The Other Fellowship - I had this idea today, actually. It's a parody comedy series about LOTR. The premise? A SECOND fellowship of inept rejects is sent after the first fellowship to deliver important information that Elrond forgot to give them. The second fellowship always seems to arrive just after the major events the first fellowship experiences, and have misadventures because of it. In the same vein as The Legend of Neil, I believe this could attract a large audience.
  • Adaptation Decay - This is my reworked movie review idea. I scrapped my original "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" review (mostly because I thought it was crap), and came up with this idea instead. The premise of this series is that I'll critique (hopefully humorously) movies based on books, comic books, and television shows and point out how far from the source material they actually are. 
  • The Geekumentary - The first episode is out (as you already know), but I thought I'd ask for feedback. This series is going to focus, documentary style, on the geek culture and its various subgenres and aspects. 
  • Wordslinging Critic - This series, as you've seen from the written and video reviews, will focus mainly on current movies that I see and television programs. I'm mainly going to be sharing my thoughts in a serious manner in these particular videos, mostly off-the-cuff, unscripted streams of thought on whatever it is I'm reviewing. 
  • Let's Play - Everyone and their mother has done a Let's Play, and I'll be no exception. This video series will be me narrating (again, hopefully humorously) about a game I'm playing while the video shows the game being played by yours truly. I've started with "Star Trek: 25th Anniversary" as a testing platform for this series, so let me know what you think!
  • Tabletop Connoisseur - I've had this one in my head since I started. The premise is that each video will highlight a board game or tabletop roleplaying game and explain how it's played, what the setting is, premise, etc. I'm also thinking about bringing in guests that are experienced in the particular games highlighted to explain about them in a more in-depth manner than I could give. 
Well, that's all I have for now! Feel free to comment on here and let me know your thoughts, opinions, gripes, grievances, complaints, ideas, etc. about any of the above. And if you want to see something in particular that you think would be up my alley, let me know! I'll be glad to take any suggestions into consideration!

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment