Monday, January 10, 2011

Personal Projects: Book Boxes

Well, my death ray project is on hold. Because of certain delaying circumstances and the lack of necessary tools to move forward, my death ray is on hold indefinitely. I'll share news on it as it arises.

Meanwhile, however, I've been busy working on a new project! I found instructions online somewhere on how to make those nifty hollow book boxes to hide little odds and ends. I figured I'd give it a go aaaaand....


Voila! With a glue and water mixture, a few sharp knives, and some patience, I was able to create this nifty book box!

I got the idea to start making custom containers for all the board games I've acquired recently and I thought I'd start with my Arkham Horror game by creating a nifty "Book of Cthulhu Mythos".


So I took a spare thick book I had lying around (don't you book lovers get uppity on me, it was a shitty book), and converted it into the weighty "Cthulhu Tome". I'll be having a special someone painting the sealing star onto the cover and spine of the book to complete the look and there it is!

If any of you want to make your own book box, here are some handy instructions to get you through it fairly easily.

How to Make a Hollow Book Box

Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment